Wednesday 10 February 2010

pitivi

There's been a lot of buzz about pitivi perhaps being in ubuntu lucid by default.


So I thought I would try the latest version.


I was surprised to learn that there isn't a ppa version available, so I set one up, and made a deb from the latest git version of pitivi. It works very well indeed, and is very intuitive.

My ppa for pitivi "unstable" is here, and can be added using the new add-apt-repository command, which saves a lot of key hassle.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rowinggolfer/pitivi-unstable


add the g-streamer ppa while you are at it (pitivi uses gstreamer for the heavy lifting)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa


Here's my first attempt with the new pitivi.. a title page tacked onto the front of a wee video.

How did I make the title page? Gimp. But that's another issue altogether....

No comments: